Softimage Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Softimage Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Softimage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Sources from Shaders not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hbahnassi
429 Views, 2 Replies

Action Sources from Shaders not working

Any clue why when inserting action source that contains animated shader parameters into the mixer I get unconnectable channels?

This is how to repro it:
- Create a box and parent it under a model.
- Assign a shader and animate any of its parameters.
- Mark the animated parameters and store it as a new source.
- Open the mixer and try inserting the new source -> you’ll get the “Action Connection Resolution”

This is happening in Soft 2013.

Thanks,
Homam
Homam
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
bujinkan02
in reply to: hbahnassi

Hi Homam,

I can reproduce the same behavior in 2012. I think there is 2 things that could explain the issue. First, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, the material belong to the Sources of your scene. That what the Owners property return and you just have a kind of instance assign to your object. Secondly the color parameters are not directly accessible, they are nested under another parameters. For example the diffuse red parameters name is "diffuse.red" so it could also explain why the mixer is not able to reconnect this atypical parameter.

If you want to do it you could use an Override property. Add every color channel to your override, animate the parameters in the override property, mark and store them.

Otherwise you can create a CustomPSet with a parameter for each channel you want to animate and connect the channel to the corresponding parameter with an expression. So you can animate the parameters in the CustomPSet and store them.

Hope it's help
a+
Message 3 of 3
hbahnassi
in reply to: hbahnassi

I did more tests on it. Strangely, it is working fine when the object is under the scene root (not parented to a model). That is why it looks more like a bug to me.

Anyways thanks a lot for the workarounds you proposed 🙂
Homam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report