Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya moving arms drags chest with it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1014 Views, 3 Replies

Maya moving arms drags chest with it.

Anyway to fix this? Thank you very much!

(And I know the picture is so funny. But The legs didnt do it as much so the arms where a better example...)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
s_ehrenhaus
in reply to: Anonymous

looks just like initial skin weights using closest distance or closest hierarchy bind...

Your mesh just needs some love with skin weight painting.

If you have access to maya 2015, try that geodesic voxel binding thing. Its really good.

Be Happy 🙂
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: s_ehrenhaus

I'm having the same problem in Autodesk Maya 2013, but I went over the ENTIRE area on my monster character with the Paint Skin Weights brush to set all joint values to 0 so that there would be no influence and no pulling. I'm brand new and working in a hurry, so my character isn't all that defined at the moment. Any different or specific advice? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OH, I see!

It looks like I'm going to have to roleplay a gynecologist, crawl DEEP inside the innards of the monstrous being, and make sweet, passionate love to each and every single joint using the Paint Skin Weights Tool getting REALLY up close and personal. I hope this works...

Thanx all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report