Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Handle on rigs dont work unless the channel box is used?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
463 Views, 2 Replies

Control Handle on rigs dont work unless the channel box is used?

Hi guys,

Im hoping you can help with something that is driving me crazy but just cannot phrase it correctly in google to get an answer!

My issue is-

-I will download a human rig from lets say creative crash.
-Open the model up fine and have it in my work space
-Move the foot control handle to lift up the left leg.  The curve and only the curve will move up but actual gemoetry will stay put.

But.....

-If i go to the channel box on the selected food control and do +20 (or whatever) on the Y axis, the foot, control handle and eveything will move up just as i wanted it to.  I can then even go back to the work space and freely move the control handle and foot around.

However....

-I click on the right hand foot, and go through the same process in the channel box, he is then moving nicely.  I then click back to the left foot and only the flipping control handle moves again.

This happens on many different rigs i have had, and crives me mad.

I figured it wasnt such a big deal as i could just animate like that, but it really takes the flare out of the animation, makes it pretty mechanical.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Giles 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tdHendrix
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like maybe the contraints aren't being imported. Are the rigs FBX files? If so, in the FBX import options under the Animation section look under Contraints and make sure the its checkbox is checked.

Greg Hendrix - Senior Technical Animator
LinkedIn : Twitter
Message 3 of 3
s_ehrenhaus
in reply to: tdHendrix

well the controls are moving correctly after a certain refreshing procedure...

to me this sounds more like a viewport 2.0 draw update failure. Although I know that more in that it doesnt update control positions if you hide nurbs curve display while moving. This one is new, .. but could be...

@OP: can you tell us maya version youre trying, and whether or not youre using viewport 2.0?

Be Happy 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report