Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

optimizing CPU usage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
digiformer
650 Views, 3 Replies

optimizing CPU usage

Hi there,

highly interactive models need a lot of  time to update history. Alias seem to use just one core to do this calulations.

Is there a way to make Alias use more resources? Like making Alias believe that there would be one "huge" core?

uhm...since clock rates are not summable - would this make sense at all?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
digiformer
in reply to: digiformer

little test brought ca. 46sec for a multi surface fillet with hyperthread ON (8 cores, 12%CPU usage)

while the same operation took ca. 47sec with hyperthread OFF (4 cores, 25% CPU usage)

*shrugs*

Regards

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: digiformer

Hi mate,

I don´t really know stuff about hyperthreading, but from your tests, i can see that my 12 cores are just taking up space....LOL.

I have a TITAN graphics card, and that makes a big difference with screen performance (shading speed, fps, etc)

Regards

Message 4 of 4
digiformer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there ravenzep,

well i do not know very much about this stuff eather.

Though Alias creates SubProcesses named awtessd wich are running as several instances on all the cores. So the 12 cores are used by Alias in some way. But not for "numbercrunching" as it seems.

It looks like it has something to do with shading, but i am not sure. Maybe the "tess" in the name makes me believe this...

Kind Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report