Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flickering lines and user prefs BUG

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
elldawg99
766 Views, 0 Replies

flickering lines and user prefs BUG

So my co-worker and I noticed after the holday break (our computers off and unpluged for over a week) that upon return our copies of autodesk alias started having this new bug.

Basically what happens is that when you move an object around (or rotate it) all the lines of everything not selected flicker. By this i mean they sorta change line width slightly. The faster you move an object the faster the flickering rate. If your working in the software all day this becomes very very tiring to the eyes and annoying. We haven't update our windows software, and I attempted to update my Nvidia drivers but it didn't help. The problem persits in both alias design 2012 and 2013. It also happens when the shift+alt keys (locator/tumble) are pressed this seems to toggle the flikering as well as flickers the border of the program window.

Another coworker who is also running alias 2012 has no problems with his version. we are all running nvidia quadro 4000 cards however the computer with no problems is a laptop.

Anyone else experiance this problem, know how to fix it? Im going to eventually call tech support but I'm pretty sure they won't be able to do anything.

Update!! so before i posted this i tried one last thing deleting the preferneces folder that was here: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Alias\UserPrefs2013

This solved the problem completely and reset the application back to when it was first installed, great for my co worker but not for me, I use a custom preference folder that i replace this folder with that has some really nifty hotkeys (F2  toggle cv on selected object for instance) and complete shelves and control panel replacements, when i try to use these old prefs the problem comes back. The only solution i found using my preferences was to turn off hardware wireframe antialiasing, its a compromise but not optimal.

I know this is a long post but if any other ppl have experianced this or know whats going on please chime in.

I would just rebuild my preference folder in 2013 (the original one is from like version alias 10 or 12 and lacks many new features) but i can't for the lfie of me figure out how to make f2 or any key for that matter toggle cv's on and off, its not in the hot key window so far as i can tell. so if someone alternatively knows how to configure a hotkey like that please please let me know!!!

thanks

elliot

my system:

System Diagnostics Log
Alias SysInfoCheck Version : 1.00.00
Date of Tune : Fri Jan 04 16:06:21 2013

Machine Configuration
Machine Name : TOWEROFPOWER
Operating System : Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
Processor 1 : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz
Processor 2 : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5645 @ 2.40GHz
Number of Logical Cores : 2

Memory Configuration
Total Physical Memory : 12285 MB
Available Physical Memory : 8412 MB

3D Device
Vendor : NVIDIA Corporation
Video Processor 1 : Quadro 4000
Video Processor 2 : Quadro 4000
Video Memory : 2048 MB

Video Driver File Version : 9.18.13.745

OpenGL Support
OpenGL Version : 4.2.0
OpenGL 2.0 - Supported
OpenGL Shader Objects - Supported
OpenGL Vertex Shader - Supported
OpenGL Fragment Shader - Supported
OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects - Supported
OpenGL Frame Buffer Objects - Supported

Input/Pointing Devices
Device 1 : USB\VID_046D&PID_C016\5&3B4822C5&0&1
Device 2 : HID\WACOMVIRTUALHID&COL03\1&2D595CA7&3&0002
Device 3 : HID\VID_056A&PID_00CC&COL01\6&127704B7&0&0000

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report