Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solidworks and Alias

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vinitlee
3619 Views, 2 Replies

Solidworks and Alias

Does anyone have experiencing modeling (esp. surfaces) in Alias and exporting for use in Solidworks? I far prefer the constraint-based modeling and precision of SW, but it is weak in creating weird surfaces, which (I hear) Alias is pretty good at.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ravenzep
in reply to: vinitlee

Hi,

You can move surfaces from alias to SW without any problem at all.

You can also move surfaces from SW to alias, with the appropriate format you want.

Surface wise, SW cannot match at all alias surfacing capabilities. Totally different animals.

SW is basically a tool for solid modelling (i know it has surfacing too, but is not at all like alias, where you can tweak and freelly move CV s and stuff.)

For car modelling, for example, SW is not the ideal tool. My personal and many other people's opinion.

Message 3 of 3
digiformer
in reply to: vinitlee

I personally am very happy with  the data translation between SW and Alias -  in both directions.

You do not even have to stitch the Alias geometry - since stitching may change the geometry.

STP214 for switching to SW and native SW for import into Alias for me seems the fastest and smoothest way to go...

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report