Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Pro pen button eraser not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jmillerid
4686 Views, 5 Replies

Sketchbook Pro pen button eraser not working

I'm using Sketchbook Pro on a Cintiq Companion (Windows 8)... I assigned the 'erase' function to one of the side buttons on my pen, but it does not work. When I try to erase with it I just get more lines, like I never pressed the button. The eraser on the end of the pen works. 

I have had this issue in 6.2.4, 6.0.1, and 5.5.2 (and Sketchbook Express 6.2). The side button erase function DOES work in Photoshop CS6 however.

Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jmillerid

Hi,

You are in the wrong forum, in case you haven´t noticed.

Anyway, the pen eraser works fine here with default sketchbook install.

Works fine both on cintiq and on intuous 4.

Maybe you disabled that feature on the pen settings, or whatever, but there is nothing wrong with the software i can assure you.

Good luck

Message 3 of 6
jmillerid

Apologies for being in the wrong place, I don't see a Sketchbook Pro forum. Maybe you can point me to the right place?

Anyway  in case anyone else is having the same issue: As I said the eraser button is working in Photoshop, I know the pen is set up correctly. I couldn't reproduce the problem on a desktop PC with Windows 7 and a Cintiq 21UX (same version of Sketchbook Pro, 6.2.4. I passed this info on to @AutodeskHelp via Twitter and they were able to reproduce the issue. So it is a SBP compatibility issue with either Win 8 or the Cintiq Companion hardware, but either way they said it will be fixed in a service pack.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Win 8 is a nice highway to hell.

I am waiting for win 9.

Message 5 of 6
jmillerid

Yeah Win 8 is miserable, but the Cintiq Companion is such a game-changer that it's forgivable. I would have preferred the Android version but it was backordered. Also I can run real software like CS6.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I have this problem too using Sketchbook pro on Wacom Cintiq tablet with Android OS.  I know it is not my settings because I also use a Cintiq 24HD, and have repeatedly double checked the pen settings by connecting the tablet with my computer. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report