Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering with a decal (label) and I get a red question mark

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JimTorrey
770 Views, 2 Replies

Rendering with a decal (label) and I get a red question mark

So i had some success last week with this, but I moved the files I was using to decal onto the 3d model to another location on my network. Now, when I apply the decal (label?) to the product, I see it fine in the render preview (hardware shade mode) but when I do a direct render, or test render, it comes through as a red question mark.

In the multi lister it also looks normal. No question mark.

I am very new to Alias, FYI. I've learned everything I know from a book and youtube. But I have 10 years experience with Rhino and Autocad, plus 2 years on Inventor.

Thanks everyone, help is MUCH appreciated.

Also, I did try to create a new geometry in a new file, and a new JPG for the decal exported from Illustrator. Same problem.... Not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JimTorrey
in reply to: JimTorrey

UPDATE

so i moved the decal JPG back to a similar area on my network, not the same though, not as deep, but a few folders in the old direction if you know what I mean. This worked. It now direct renders and test renders.

Any ideas why?

Early it was giving me an error code, something like "IBL light source image" blah blah blah something like that.

Any help helps

thanks

Message 3 of 3
JimTorrey
in reply to: JimTorrey

UPDATE 2

when i drag my chrome down into my resident shaders i get an error. This is the one i was getting recently. I attached a screen grab.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report