Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DirectConnect for Alias

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
zelimir.saljic
599 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with DirectConnect for Alias

I have problem with DirectConnect for Alias 2012;

I need to open simple DWG files (mainly  aero profiles) in Alias 2012 Design. I try do fine DirectConnect and find on Autodesk web site only this file:

Autodesk DirectConnect Win 64-Bit (exe - 434366Kb) (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15012100&linkID=9242259 )

Installed version of ALIAS:  AUTODESK ALIAS DESIGN 2012 VERSION (18.0.0.2036525) with SP1 on OS Win 7, 64-Bit.

Problem is that Alias do not see this version of DirectConnect and when I tried to import DWG file I get report:  “Translation of xxx.dwg failed due to DirectConnect not being installed.”

I had tied to reinstall both, ALIAS and DirectConnect, but this do not help.  During reinstallation ALIAS I had not seen any additional possibility for including DirectConnect in installation.

Can somebody help with this issue? It is really no sense if opening of simple DWG file in ALIAS is so big problem Smiley Sad

Best regrads!

Zelimir

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
c3systems
in reply to: zelimir.saljic

The version you are using is Direct Connect 2011, whereas the Alias version is 2012.
Please uninstall the Direct Connect 2011 and Alias.
Re-install just Alias 2012. I hope Direct Connect 2012 should get installed automatically.

Also please open a command prompt and type
"DWGToAl -i input.dwg -o output.wire" with out the inverted comma. Replace input.dwg and output.wire with your relevant files. let me know how it goes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report