Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Making Movies from Keystroke Animations in Showcase 2012

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
222 Views, 0 Replies

Problem Making Movies from Keystroke Animations in Showcase 2012

Hi,

I have been working on a video for one of my projects to help show how it the product is used.  I have combined a Turntable and Keystroke functions to interact and trigger eachother in combination of the Storyboard feature.  It works perfectly when I render the video without the Ray tracer or anything other than the hardware shader.  Both the keystroke animation and the turntable work in unison to create the desired effect.  But when I use any type of raytracer, such as ambient shadows or any other rendering mode - the video does not incorporate the keystrokes.  Only the turn table is active in the video while raytraced.  If I run the Storyboard within the Showcase window while the ray tracer is on, it shows them both working.  My problem is when I try to render to a video file (all types, flash and avi) the keystrokes do not work even though they work within the scene perfectly with the raytracer on.  I have tried everything and can not get the keystrokes to be part of the rendered video, just the turn table.  Any ideas fellas?  Does Showcase intentionally leave this out?  It seems like it is designed not to work, bc it does work in the program's window. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report