Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model, Grid, view cube missing in perspective

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
bhaktadas.b
19223 Views, 19 Replies

Model, Grid, view cube missing in perspective

I zoomed out too much (thought I'd get back to my model after pressing alt+L) in perspective view and the model is nowhere, along with viewcube and grid.

But I can view it in other orthographic views.

I tried object display>toggle visibility and window display>toggle model, also tried to select the whole model in orthographic view then tried to view it in perspective, but in perspective I can blindly select any surface or object but I can't see them.

Help needed. Thank you.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

I just had same situation
try to onpen a new window of perspective view it works on me 

good luck

Message 3 of 20
TheHangman
in reply to: bhaktadas.b

Hi

Have you check if your Magnifier screen is on. As sometimes its turns on and hide everything on perspective view and ALT+ L is disable on this option. So if you just close the Magnifier, it may bring back to Perspective Camera, and you will be able to see your model again, hopefully it is your case.

Please, refer to images in attachment.

Hope it helps, happy modelling.

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyhappy:

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 20
duaxiong

Strange that the View Cube would disappear.  Confirm that you are in fact in a Persp Window;  just because it is the upper right window does not always mean it is a Persp Window.

You can also try Palette->View->Reset View...click in the View you want to reset.

Message 5 of 20
sadatsan
in reply to: duaxiong

Check if the view cube is selected.

Preferences >> General Preferences >> viewing >> select View Cube in View control drop menu

And check if work..

Cheers

Message 6 of 20
borismantilla

Save your file and Create a New File, select Yes for DELETE all objects and "views", then open againg your saved file and select NO for DELETE all objects and "views", this would reset your view error and brings your objects to the defaoult view.

Message 7 of 20
schjul17

You can also try Palette->View->Reset View...click in the View you want to reset.

Had the same problem and this solution mentioned above worked for me.

Thanks a lot.

Message 8 of 20
lukas.snopek
in reply to: schjul17

This works Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 20
vishweshgp
in reply to: borismantilla

Thank you very much.. Borismantilla

I tried so many things to reset it, nothing worked.. But your suggestion fixed it finally.. thanks again..

cheers

Message 10 of 20
karaha5050

Very simple!

This is another way you can turn back on your VIEWCUBE, Model, Grid... in the same time.

1. Go on the view panel (View,Shading,Lighting,Show,Render,Panels)

2. Scroll down the "Show" tab

3. Check if  the box in front of "HUD" is checked, if not make sure it is checked.

4. ViewCube, grid, Polycount,... will be turned back on

I hope this helps.

tx.

Message 11 of 20
apregl
in reply to: borismantilla

Thanks borismantilla, 

just had this problem and your solution worked just fine 

Message 12 of 20

where do i find palette option in maya

Message 13 of 20

@pranjal_deshpande wrote:

where do i find palette option in maya

You don't;  Maya has a Shelf, but it does not have a Palette in the same way that Alias does.

Message 14 of 20
drewrumseyinc

A few years later but this solution still works! Thanks!

Message 15 of 20
yayforwaffles

Where is this pallets your talking about. I'm new to maya so I need some time to figure out where everything is 

Message 16 of 20
duaxiong
in reply to: yayforwaffles

Maya does NOT have a palette.

Message 17 of 20
anandjoshi
in reply to: yayforwaffles

@yayforwaffles This forum is for Alias products. You need to visit Maya forums for all your Maya related questions.

These URLs may help -

Forums Home - https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Discussions-Page

Maya Forums - https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya/ct-p/area-c2

Regards,

A

Message 18 of 20
roman988XH9Z

Right click Select Camera user View, then select New Perspective.

Let me know if it worked. Took me about an hour to find a solution. Couldn't find one online. Just stumbled unto this. Let me know if it worked for you.

Using Maya 2017 by the way. I realize this is a 3 year old post:) But someone else my need it.

Message 19 of 20

Thanks Buddy!

Message 20 of 20
andyrJGJCS

That worked, thank you.  I'm not very bright so thank you for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report