Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imagestudio 2008 problem

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Bolt8681
484 Views, 13 Replies

Imagestudio 2008 problem

Hi, I've upgraded from 2.0 to 2008 and the bloody thing crashes as soon as I click something. I'm sure there is some easy remedy but I'm not sure what that is. Anyone experience this?
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
andyjosh3d
in reply to: Bolt8681

Hi,

Looks like a graphics card issue. Hope you are running it on a certified graphics card with driver/s.
Message 3 of 14
Bolt8681

Yup, running a go6800 w/ nvidia drivers up-to-date. My other cad software work fine as well as do high-end games. Any thoughts?
Message 4 of 14
sorenbro

Having the same problem here.
on my other computer it won't startup. it show itself in the joblist for 2 seconds and disappears. please help anyone as soon as possible. I really need the program before new years

/Soren
Message 5 of 14
Bolt8681

Sounds like it could be a liscence issue. I would contact autodesk for assistance.

As far as my problem goes, I was told it was my graphics card but how could that be if 100% of everything else is working properly? Hmm.
Message 6 of 14
andyjosh3d

Hi,

Have you been running any firewall or security related programs, which might be blocking the program to run properly ?

Even Windows (XP SP2) security may block it.

Hope this helps.
Message 7 of 14
Bolt8681

Yes, I shut them off and reinstalled the program but unfortunately it still runs the same. How do you shut off the xp sp2 security?
Message 8 of 14
Twixter

I've had the same problem since I got ImageStudio 2008, when I click File->Open the program closes. I've searched and tried everything I saw in trying to solve this problem but to no avail. Finally I tried a fresh install of Windows XP then installed ImageStudio 2008 and guest what, It worked for me.

The next thing I did was install the other software application I have, and try running ImageStudio 2008 after each installation. I found the application that's causing problem, It's the Microsoft Office 2007, when I uninstalled it and tried the ImageStudio 2008, I was able to Open files again, so I guess this one is causing problem on my end.

I'm going to try and install the Office 2007 one application at a time (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc...) to see which program causes the problem to arise. I'll let you know what I find.

I hope this helps...
Message 9 of 14
Twixter

I manage to find the actual source of the problem when running ImageStudio 2008 and clicking on File->Open and the program closes. (This also happens to some other menus like File->Import Model)

Uninstall Microsoft Office Groove 2007 a.k.a. Groove Monitor (from Microsoft Office 2007). This is the one that causes the problem on my end. If it doesn't work on yours then there might be some other programs causing it. I hope autodesk is reading this and try it themselves and maybe create a patch or something.
Message 10 of 14
Bolt8681

I've recently upgraded to the latest office before installing it on. I'm going to play with it to see what happens.
Message 11 of 14
penningr

Hi just wondering if anyone solved this problem as i am having the same thing. Wont open when i double click it. The license is fine as i tried it on another PC. I have Microsoft Office 2007 installed so i will try and run it again with that deleted. Any help is much appreciated.

Richard
Message 12 of 14
anand_joshi

I did not experience that with Image Studio 2008 and Office 2007.

Are you people using standard edition of Office or anything else ? Also any different language OS or english ?
Regards

Anand
Message 13 of 14
penningr

Am using English Language with XP Pro service pack 3. Its really weird. I have been trying for ages now. I have Microsoft Office Proffesional 2007. Like before if you hear anything or know any reasons that may help i would be extremely gratefull.
Message 14 of 14
penningr

SOLVED - MICROSOFT OFFICE 2007 ........... Im so happy. Looks like its back to office 2003 for me unless i can be bothered to pin point exact problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report