Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashlight skin?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bended
523 Views, 5 Replies

Flashlight skin?

Hi you all people,

Total begginer here.

Trying to do tutorials and I am confused about flashlight tutorial from on your own part.

I can't wrap my mind how to skin the surface of main body.

Is it one or multiple skins?

Main concern is that in image from help it is like single surface but when I do it I do not get such straight surface (see attached image)

If I do it with multiple skins than how do I get that curved blend shape? (circled in second image)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ravenzep
in reply to: bended

Hi,

I m not sure if I understood your question.

When you skin, it s gonna use only 2 inputs, for example 2 curves, or 2 edges, and it will bridge between them.

When you have more than 2 curves, you must press SHIFT when you are selecting the curves, so that it makes a skin with several spans.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
bended
in reply to: ravenzep

Hi,

Thanks for answering.

I do know how to use the skin tool.

My question was how to get that blend surface with it, one circled in image attached.

Regards

Message 4 of 6
ravenzep

Hi,

You mean you get a loose shape (pic1), and you can´t get that tight shape as in pic 2?

Message 5 of 6
bended

Yup exactly that.

Message 6 of 6
ravenzep

Hi,

Is it possible to send a file with what u are getting instead of the expected?

I odnt really know this flashlight tutorial....It s really really basic concepts. Maybe you are missing something.

From what i can see... there should be 2 sets of skin surfaces.... and u get that flat area by skinning between the 2 sets of surfaces.

You dont really skin everything in one go if you wanna get that detail between body and head.

Maybe this was the problem, just from looking from it. I m guessing. Let me know if you had any improvement, and if what i said helped or made sense.

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report