Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Shading not available in Alias Design 2013

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
patrickberry
1016 Views, 1 Reply

Diagnostic Shading not available in Alias Design 2013

I apologize for the newbie question, but we have a group here trying to learn Alias Design 2013 and we're having a big problem out of the box.  The Diagnostic Shading box is missing from the Control Panel.  I tried searching both here and on the wiki page for a solution and don't get anything besides this:  http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Alias/enu/2013/Help/1896-ICEM_Tra1896/1915-Sculptin1915/1921-Working_19...

The problem is that "ObjectDisplay > Diagnostic Shading" is not available at all.  The only choices I have under ObjectDisplay are:  Control, Visible, Invisible, Toggle Visibility, Hide Unselected, and Draw Precision.  I've tried looking at every pull-down on the tool bar and can't find anything about Diagnostic Shading.

The only workaround I've found has been to use the Visualize Panel and apply render shaders that way.  Is this a limitation of Alias Design as compared to Surface or a change from 2012 to 2013 or do we just have a problem with our installation?  Thanks.

Patrick

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
patrickberry
in reply to: patrickberry

Nevermind, I fell into another one of those newbie pit traps.  Preferences> Menus> Short Menus was selected (because a previous lesson had us do that). And it of course removes many of the menu selections from view.  Everything's good now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums