Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diagnostic Shade Draft Angle 2013 BUGS?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ronald.heffernan
456 Views, 1 Reply

Diagnostic Shade Draft Angle 2013 BUGS?

I have just upgraded to Alias Automotive 2013 (from 2012) on Windows 7 (64Bit).

When I build a draft surface (Lets say 3 degrees draft surface) then check it with the "Diagnostic Shade Draft Angle" set a 3.1 degrees the surface should fail the draft check, but for some reason it passes right up to 3.16 degrees. If I take the same surface back to version 2012 it works as I would expect. That is, if I check it at 3 degrees it shows blue and red speckled shading. If I check it at 3.1 degrees it turns red and fails (as it should).

Any suggestions. I can't have faith in this tool in 2013 to check my models accurately. I need to take models back to 2012 to do accurate draft checks.....

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Yes, there was an issue with the "visual" diagnostic (limitation between blue and red not correct in the 2013 Alias Version).

Autodesk corrected that in the 2014 V... If you want to see this issue, try to check with the tool in the palette (not the one in the control panel) and turn on the Curve on surf who show you the draft angle limit... and check again with shader = You should fine some deviation between the "correct" curve on surf position and the "non correct" shading...

Some time if you upgrade some value the shading come back to the right position ! ! ! It is messy, I know...

The new version resolve this issue now... You need to wait a bite!

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report