Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control panel default settings gone. Need help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
TonyBanjo
2900 Views, 8 Replies

Control panel default settings gone. Need help.

I am new to Alias.  Only a few weeks of tutorials done.  I was just getting used to adjusting the Degree and Span settings for curves and planes in the Control Panel.  Now those options are gone.  I do not know how to bring it back.   How do I restore the default setting or Is there another place I can look to do the same tasks?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
erik_smith
in reply to: TonyBanjo

I am having the same issue. Were you able to find a solution? Need to restore the control panel in Alias to its original state. I have tried Preferences>User Options and Preferences>User Preferences>Load Preference Set but both of these have no effect on the way the control panel was originally looked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Erik Smith

Message 3 of 9

It sounds graphics related. Make sure you are running qualified hardware.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=12581528

If you are running a card that is GFORCE or Integraded card you will run in to these issues.

Message 4 of 9

If you want to Restore your preferences you need to delete or rename them.  The folder is located in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Alias\UserPrefs2013

Once you Rename the folder and start the sofware choose the default option.

Message 5 of 9
seoj

i have same issue.

anybody knows how to solve it?

Message 6 of 9
JohnDixon8251

How does the control panel look compared to how it was? Just missing things? A screen shot would be helpful.

Message 7 of 9
seoj

Untitled-1.jpg

like this...

i tried to restore as all way. but i couldn't restore.. ..

Message 8 of 9

You have to go on the upper right corner, click where you see AliasUIwindows workspace ( normally just "workspace" ) in the image>retrieve workspace>UserPrefs>AliasUIwindows workspace, and that would fix it 😉

Message 9 of 9

Thanks a lot! This fixed my problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report