Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction planes setting perpendicular/incorrectly on objects

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tksoni
363 Views, 5 Replies

Construction planes setting perpendicular/incorrectly on objects

Hi,

For some reason when I'm creating a construction plane on an angled surface, the new axes of the construction planes seem to be creating the construction plane normal or perpendicular to the surface instead of parallel. I'm not sure what's bringing about this problem. I'm trying to get back into Alias after graduating so I'm using the 2012 Student Version.

I've attached an image so you can see what I mean. The world axis are fine, but for some reason the new construction plane is completely out of whack with the surface I want to create a plane for. I'm using curve snap etc.. It should be working. I could use 3-point but I don't know why the geometry setting is being so problematic.

I know I could also rotate the plane until it's correct but then that defeats the entire purpose of setting accurate construction planes.

I'm sure there's something in my settings that I'm missing out, I hope the entire program isn't bugged or anything.

Cheers.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ravenzep
in reply to: tksoni

Why would the program be bugged? Because you cant use it?

Well, if it makes it perpendicaular to the surface, you can easily make it paralell, by clicking the little squares in the gizmo, which rotate the gizmo 90 degrees in the plane of your choice.

There is a menu in the program called HELP. Why dont people use it, before asking this kind of questions?

Probably some bug. LOL 🙂

Good luck

Message 3 of 6
tksoni
in reply to: ravenzep

Clearly it's intended to not need to be rotated, as many tutorial videos have shown.

I said there could be a bug on my end, or a settings issue. I know it works for others and isn't an overall bug, that's half the reason I'm asking what's wrong for me.

If you want to be a smart arse then don't bother as you clearly are out of your depth.
Message 4 of 6
ravenzep

Read te manual, instead of asking something so basic.

Clearly it is actually supposed to work that way and it makes a lot of sense. You don´t know what you are talking about.

Place a construction plane, on a curve. You want the default behaviour to be parallel?

Learn and shut up.

Message 5 of 6
tksoni
in reply to: ravenzep

The tutorials and all other videos have said otherwise, without needing to rotate. Unless some magical editorial conspiracy is taking place I don't see why they are wrong. If you don't have anything constructive to say don't bother replying. I'm not fond of condescending elitists.
Message 6 of 6
ravenzep

LOL. That made me laugh.

Anyway, did you try what i suggested?

It should do what you are looking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report