Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

ALIAS VISUALIZATION

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TheHangman
410 Views, 3 Replies

ALIAS VISUALIZATION

Hey Alias gang...

I been thinking about visualization tools nowadays and its a vast list. however, I have seen so much improvement in Alias over the years, but non or no much in respect to Alias Visualization.

So I wonder what takes to make Alias visualization user friendly, for instance simple as Keyshot and Powerfull as Vred - Mental Ray. features like add any HDRI background, simple texturing methods, Render output, etc. so that we could handle everything within the same software.

Would be interesting to know each opinion about it.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TheHangman

Hi,

You can do all that in Alias.

Check alias wiki.

Message 3 of 4
TheHangman
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey Ravenzep

Thanks for your reply... I think you miss the point here... As what I meant is to make Alias Visualization USER FRIENDLY... By all means:

How do you go about making use of a outsource HDR or EXR in Alias, I guess you can't do it directly DRAG AND DROP HDR like Keyshot...

Even, Alias do accept only common images format like JPEG,BMP,GIF,TIF and PNG.  *Refer to attachment*

Also, if you wanna apply a decal "label" its POSSIBLE but also not straight forward, Agree??? 

Again, I do prefer Alias material rather than many other softwares, the way it fits on surface, tones and so on, for instance I had an issue with carbon fiber in Bunkspeed which break the texture in a single surface and the same was in other platform like Vred, where in Alias the same surface it is just stunning, 

About Files output for instance I can manage to get a empty background images, So TIFF gives a great resolution and I know its possible to have empty background with TIFF but not from Alias, so would be great if it would be just easy to choose what kind of image is wish. *Refer to attachment>File Image Output* 

Hope I made the point, thanks anyway... keep coming all comments...

Cheers! 

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TheHangman

Hi,

Now i know what you mean. Yes, it is not the most user friendly system, i agree. But it works fine once you grasp it and it is simple.

One could argue, well, you canĀ“t make surfaces and align them in VRED. Maybe because Vred is not a surfacer, as Alias is not a dedicated visualisation tool. Each to their own, i think. I just use Alias for modelling really, and use VRED for the Viz, or even modo or maya, in that case with  the surfaces tesselated to polygons.

Mind you, Alias Viz is underrated by most people, but it is pretty awesome. It s been around for many many years, and hence may be difficult to implement newer things, whereas the Viz tools we have today are much newer products, which use newer technology.

I m a surfacing guy, that s what i know about anyway....

But yeah, you do have a point. Sure !

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report