Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pen shaking

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
rideit152
607 Views, 11 Replies

pen shaking

I have the Wacom Cintiq 21UX with Alia SBP 2. Whenever I sketch the crosshair shakes violently and the line is a few mm away from where I want it to be. Any suggestions on how to make it stop?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
rideit152
in reply to: rideit152

That's supposed to be Alias SBP 2 . . . if it wasn't obvious.
Message 3 of 12
cheungc

That's really strange. When the cursor shakes, makes me think there is some kind of interference affecting the pen's output to the tablet. Is this only happening in SBP and in no other application?

c.
Message 4 of 12
rideit152

Right. It only does it when working on the Wacom using SBP. My other monitor is running too (clone setting) and it works fine. Also, when I try to select a different tool / color / etc. it doesn't show all the options . . . I have to remember where they are and "blindly" drag the pen to select them. I haven't used it in a while since it's been a pain.
Message 5 of 12
cheungc

would be worth downloading SBP 2009 trial version to confirm that this continues to be a problem...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?siteID=123112&id=10507445

c.
Message 6 of 12
scheang

Try reinstalling the wacom driver and recalibrating the stylus. I've seen offset problems on Vista which were fixed when I reinstalled the driver. The violent crosshair shifting I've not seen before. What graphics card are you using, are you using a dual monitor? In some dual screen modes there can be a potential for cursor magneting that I've seen in the past.
Message 7 of 12
scheang

I see that you are in 'clone' setting. Try 'dual view' mode.
Message 8 of 12
rideit152

tried out SBP 2009 . . . same problem
Message 9 of 12
rideit152

tried dual view . . . actually worse . . . doesn't even recognize the pen on the Wacom
Message 10 of 12
rideit152

i reinstalled the driver and before calibrating the pen everything works okay . . . just a little misaligned. it's when i calibrate the pen that i run into the crosshair shaking. after that happens i just delete the user preferences and deal with the slight misalignment. if i change my seating position and point of view it lines up okay . . . kinda a stupid work-around though. i have a NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400/4400 graphics card.
Message 11 of 12
hansgeerdink

Hi there,

Just to let you know I have the same kind of problem with my Cintiq 21UX on a Quadro FX 3000 video card, however only at the left and right edges of the screen. Also a slight mis-alignment of the cursor, but I believe this is due to the large screen area in combination with a stationary seat, so my viewing angle changes a lot.
I have used radio controlled keyboard and mice in the past, after changing to cabled versions the jitter was a lot less, so I also think it has to do with interference of some sort...
Reinstalling the Wacom drivers can become a real pain, I feel lucky all is stable now... Oh ja, I have even changed motherboard, processor and memory (from Athlon to Opteron) and still a bit of jitter, but workable....

Hope this helps, good luck!
Message 12 of 12
dwstucke
in reply to: hansgeerdink

If you are troubleshooting Wacom pen issues you might try disabling all the built-in Win7 touchscreen/tablet controls. When upgrading to Win7 we experienced some it's new touchscreen/tablet features causing issues with the Wacom pen. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report