is call in support a thing of the past this sucks

615 Views, 3 Replies
08-30-2012 11:13 AM

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 4 (594 Views)

Re: is call in support a thing of the past this sucks

08-31-2012 09:56 AM in reply to: jeff

Hi jeff - it was a pleasure talking to you earlier.

Just to recap / for community use, technical based phone support is a Subscription benefit within the Advanced (which you have) and Enterprise levels. Please see our comprehensive Support Offering Comparison Matrix for additional details.

Product specific support phone numbers can be located from within the Subscription Center -> Technical Support -> Phone Support (visibility is limited to Contract Mangers, Software Coordinators, or users whom have had the permission added by the afore mentioned).  

We also offer a handful of non-technical support avenues (for general login, subscription, registration, activation licensing, etc. Issues) which can be located here.

Philip Schmelzer
Contributor
jprizzo
Message 3 of 4 (246 Views)

10-01-2013 11:18 AM in reply to: philip.s

"technical based phone support" is a very deceptive name.  Yes, you can call in, but the person who answers is NOT technical.  All they do is log your support request and throw it on the pile, and it will be processed the same way it always has been.  You still have to wait hours or days for a response, which usually comes by email, not by phone.

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 4 (205 Views)

10-14-2013 09:01 PM in reply to: jprizzo

Hello Jonathan,

My apologies for the delayed response as I just stumbled onto this one. 

While our staff is not always 100% available, typically due to being on the phone with another customer, the process for phone calls is to call the individual back ASAP if missed and they are entitled. After looking through your recent case history, it looks like there are quite a few related to ADN licenses, which would be qualified for our standard web support. 

Please let me know if you have and/or are calling and being routed to web support for licenses attached to an advanced support entitlement (PM the case #'s) so that I can investigate accordingly.

Philip Schmelzer

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community