Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is call in support a thing of the past this sucks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jeff
1502 Views, 12 Replies

is call in support a thing of the past this sucks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: jeff

Hi jeff - it was a pleasure talking to you earlier.

Just to recap / for community use, technical based phone support is a Subscription benefit within the Advanced (which you have) and Enterprise levels. Please see our comprehensive Support Offering Comparison Matrix for additional details.

Product specific support phone numbers can be located from within the Subscription Center -> Technical Support -> Phone Support (visibility is limited to Contract Mangers, Software Coordinators, or users whom have had the permission added by the afore mentioned).  

We also offer a handful of non-technical support avenues (for general login, subscription, registration, activation licensing, etc. Issues) which can be located here.

Message 3 of 13
jprizzo
in reply to: philip.s

"technical based phone support" is a very deceptive name.  Yes, you can call in, but the person who answers is NOT technical.  All they do is log your support request and throw it on the pile, and it will be processed the same way it always has been.  You still have to wait hours or days for a response, which usually comes by email, not by phone.

Message 4 of 13
philip.s
in reply to: jprizzo

Hello Jonathan,

My apologies for the delayed response as I just stumbled onto this one. 

While our staff is not always 100% available, typically due to being on the phone with another customer, the process for phone calls is to call the individual back ASAP if missed and they are entitled. After looking through your recent case history, it looks like there are quite a few related to ADN licenses, which would be qualified for our standard web support. 

Please let me know if you have and/or are calling and being routed to web support for licenses attached to an advanced support entitlement (PM the case #'s) so that I can investigate accordingly.

Message 5 of 13
travisb91
in reply to: philip.s

Submitted an online form for support, called in 3 times, left 2 voicemails and attempted live chat dozens of times over the last 72 hours but have still not heard back from Autodesk support...

Message 6 of 13
Bobirv3

I regularly do screen shares with ESRI Support. I cannot get anyone from Autodesk to respond to me.

I have been trying to get someone that is knowledgeable to help with my problem all day.

Message 7 of 13
TheHangman
in reply to: Bobirv3

Hey 

Looking at your screenshot, I notice that you are using AutoCAD Civil, and I am afraid I haven't seem Autocad for ages and I can't help you but point you to the AutoCAD Community where the folks overthere will be pleased to assist you if not already has the solution for your case. 

Check this out and hope you find a solution.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad/ct-p/8

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 13
Bobirv3
in reply to: TheHangman

Actually I loaded Civil 3D not Autocad Civil. I cannot get anyone from
Autodesk to respond.
Message 9 of 13
TheHangman
in reply to: Bobirv3

Sorry about the incomplete software name, Smiley Happy I meant your software package!!! 

However, when I search for the community of Autocad Civil 3D (Correct Name!) I noticed that most of people look for support on Autocad community (General) and not on Alias (Autostudio).

Once there you select the correspondent application and rise your query, where member of staff and other expert people willing to help will post a reply to your attention. 

Once again, here is the specific link http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/bd-p/66

You are welcome. 

If this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution". Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 13
natecoleman677

Logged several hours on hold waiting to speak to a tech on why CFD does not work as advertised or at all. I can go to DMV and get this treatment for le$$
Message 11 of 13
matthew.d
in reply to: natecoleman677

Hi @natecoleman677,

Welcome to the community!

I sincerely apologize, you definitely should not have to spend that amount of time on hold. I am digging into what occurred, do you happen to have an open case number?

We certainly want to get you up an running. What specifically is happening in CFD?

There is also a way to schedule a call, so you don't have to wait in the future. You can read more about that option here. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 12 of 13
natecoleman677
in reply to: matthew.d

Yes, I should not have to wait so long.

On the upside, after some hours of waiting, with the Ketiv tech also on the line once the ADSK tech came on, the problem was resolved. The ADSK tech was knowledgeable and thorough and did an excellent job.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 13 of 13
matthew.d
in reply to: natecoleman677

That's good to hear you were able to get it resolved. Our sincere apologies again for the long wait.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report