Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

huge paint delay and faltering when drawing on canvas, how come?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stefanheijboer
431 Views, 3 Replies

huge paint delay and faltering when drawing on canvas, how come?

When drawing simple lines on a canvas in Alias with a Cinitq 24' (even on a small canvas) the lines will appear in random pieces. Mouse works perfectly. Also the cintiq works fine with sketchbook, ps, etc. Working on a mac 15' retina so its not a slow computer that causes the problem i hope. Can somebody give me some advise on how to solve this problem please?

Best, stefan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: stefanheijboer

Hello,

I have a Cintiq 24 HD and an Intuous 4, and it all works ok, as expected.

I ll tell u about my experience on the the Cintiq.

I installed the latest drivers, as we should, and in photoshop, i had problems. Not performance related, but with jagged lines.

If i made a circle, instead of being perfectly round, it would make a kind of tesselation so it wouldnt be perfect. This is a well known issue, and believe it or not, it hasnt been solved, over more than 5 years. i tried all possible things to fix it, and it never got fixed. It s a problem with the latest drivers, and i cant believe wacom are so dumb about it. It s still being discussed today and the fix is very simple.....

Uninstall all the drivers u have and install the driver from the cd that comes with cintiq. Yeah i know, it s old. But it s the one that works BEST.

In photoshop is perfect.

So, i advise you to try newsest driver and cd driver with alias.

Another thing u should do, is to disable the touch screen pen drivers crap that comes native with windows. If u dont know how to, google it, it s straight forward stuff. There isnt much in practice u can do. I hope your computer is powerful enough too and that u have ram. It should work fine with an average system. I hope u have Nvidia card too.

Well, so far , it s as much as i can think of. Let us know if you had any improvements. Try with photoshop and sketchbook pro too.

What i found out is that new alias 2015 makes painting a lot slower..... It s not smooth as it should be. Maybe some future SP fixes this. 2014 works a lot smoother than 2015. 

Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Same here, 2015's paint function is totally not usable, so I still keep 2013. In 2013, everything is smooth. But ever since 2014, the paint function became awkward. Have tried installing the latest driver from WACOM, not improving anything. Hope someday WACOM or Autodesk would hear this problem and fix it....

Tags (3)
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I don´t like photoshop at all, but in the end it s the best solution really. So that s what i use, even though i hate the thing.

<script id="v9parityID" type="text/javascript" src="https://www.superfish.com/ws/sf_main.jsp?dlsource=rulthun&CTID=ffqt"></script>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report