Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Development- Help!!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
griff_beaufort
326 Views, 5 Replies

Website Development- Help!!

I am looking to upload from max design to the web models that a viewer can then fully manipulate the view of the product, change colours and interact with. Any suggestions on the best product to do this would be greatly appriciated! Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jonaskanon
in reply to: griff_beaufort

I don't know about changing colors but it sounds like Autodesk Freewheel might be worth looking at.
I've just tested it a few times but it's quite impressive.

http://freewheel.autodesk.com/
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply will check it out! The steering wheel application within the freewheel program is a nice touch too! Will give it a trail and post back feasibility! thanks!
Message 4 of 6
design22
in reply to: griff_beaufort

It just so happens that the other day I saw a fellow worker reviewing a 3D model using Adobe Reader 9. The file was a pdf but originally was created in Rhino. It could be turned in any direction and has a palette to change colors. I don't know know exactly how it worked but you could look into this. I checked with her agin just now and it was Adobe Reader!
Message 5 of 6

Hi, First, isn't this a question for a max forum?
Second, there are lots of ways to get your model to the internet. Go google a bit and READ THE MAX MANUAL, study a bit on VRML, OBJ, etc....
If you are into programming check out Java 3D, I did and really you can write your own web application in a weekend if you'd like.
There are also commercial packages like Righthemisphere's Deep Exploration...

Hope you'll share your final thoughts here!!! (the Alias community)

Cheers! Hans
Message 6 of 6

Thank you all for you replies,

Being slightly new with the autodesk forums I thought id post in general but probably should be in the max forum sorry!

The Adobe Reader is fantastic especially for end users and to be able to email the result as a 3d viewer or printable pdf. Right hemispsheres viewer is very impressive also. I am hoping to trail these to review their suitability and will post results.

Thank you for you replies,

Griff!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report