Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Studio Tools - New Overlay canvas

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
279 Views, 2 Replies

Studio Tools - New Overlay canvas

Hi,

if I create new canvas in perspektiv view. This is great. But how can I zoom in and out during sketching? Is it possible?? I konw I can change zoom in view/zoom palete. But it is not pleasant and it is very slow! And how to move to side and up/down?. I want to use spacebar and use zoom canvas and pan canvas tools during sketching in canvas (perspektive mode). Pleae can you help me??

Thanks Petr. Edited by: 937569 on Oct 18, 2008 7:08 AM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cheungc
in reply to: 937569

When you've created your overlay in a perspective window, the only way to zoom in and out from that view is to use a Paint window.

When you are in a paint window, you can select the overlay plane from the layer editor to bring it up. This allows you to have a normal zoom behavior in 'perspective' views. Otherwise, there is no way to adequately get this behavior in a perspective window because of the conflict with zooming in 3D space (and losing the overlay, changing the camera perspective, etc...).

Hope that helps.
c.
Message 3 of 3
sahilchopra
in reply to: 937569

Just press F3 once you have created you're overlay in the perspective view. This will bring you to the Paint window.
I use my wacom's stylus to zoom and pan, it works much faster then using the space bar menu.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report