Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renderer?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Pervisioni
299 Views, 4 Replies

Renderer?

Hello, Its my first time in this forum. I am drawing with alias since a few years. I am still confused with the different renderers. I have always problems with the rendering options. I found the image studio month ago and it works quit well but still problems with the lights. What is the showcase?
Are there other renderers which you would recommend.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
anand_joshi
in reply to: Pervisioni

Hi,

Showcase is a new tool for real-time rendering & presentation / VR. Its an interesting tool for designers as you dont have to wait for rendering. Its all real-time. I suppose you need to experience it once to believe how fast and easy it is to use.

There are various third party renderers you can use with files exported out of alias but most obvious can be Maya's mental ray since it can read native alias WIRE files.

If you are OK with STEP then you can use different softwares & also can use high end renderers like Renderman with apps like Maya.

Hope this helps.
Regards

Anand
Message 3 of 5
design22

If you are like me, you don't like or have a lot of time to mess around with lights (color, intensity, and positioning)plus the fact that each time you tweak something you have to do render after render to get what you want. I have tried creating a "scene" where the lights and shaders, etc. are saved and each new model is imported into the scene. This works somewhat but because surfaces are not all the same, the reflection will be bad so repositioning, tweaking, etc. come about. Although I like the final product from the built in renderer in Studio Tools, I don't always have the time. You might try Hypershot from Bunkspeed. There is a free trial available and what I like most is no messing with lights. The render sometimes is a little darker than I like but I lighten it just a little in PhotoShop and it looks good.
Message 4 of 5
lukasdesign

My Tip is:

Don't flip around among other applications as long as you aren't a Pro. You model in StudioTools so render in StudioTools. Showcase is nice but, not what you need. You need a good render for your client? Use Powertracer. Place some gradient in Your environment and avoid Area Lights, Motion Blur and Depth of Field when you need a quick result.
Message 5 of 5
tekbot

I would agree that you dont always need a render. If you check out the Ambient Occlusion tutorial on this site, the images are all screen grabs. the final image is not bad for hardware shade. you can turn on AntiAliasing and perpixel shading to get raycast like quality.
If i need more, than i go to a professional grade renderer like mental ray or Vray.
Showcase is more of a visualization/design review software. its the best option for the real-time interactive presentations that are becoming more mainstream.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report