Alias General Discussion

cclouser
Message 1 of 2 (125 Views)

Migrating from Mac to PC

125 Views, 1 Replies
07-30-2008 07:17 PM
I'm a longtime user of Sketchbook Pro (my copy is branded Alias), and I am moving to a new computer. I want to know if there's any way to carry my license from my old computer - a Mac - to my new Windows PC.

I'm beginning to suspect I'm out of luck, and the help desk was not helpful (they directed me to resellers), but if anyone does know if it's possible, I would appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks,
Chris
Employee
cheungc
Message 2 of 2 (125 Views)

Re: Migrating from Mac to PC

07-31-2008 07:54 PM in reply to: cclouser
Not sure which version you have, I assume 2.0. You should be able to re-install that version of SBP on your Windows machine. Assuming you still have your original box and serial number, you should be okay. Try it out.

You may want to update yourself to SBP 2009, as it is qualified for Vista... just in case you find the older version not functioning optimally on your new machine.

Good luck,

c.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community