Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.A.O. Autodesk

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ravenzep
405 Views, 8 Replies

F.A.O. Autodesk

Just found 2 bugs on the new 2013 release:

1- Translators are not working. Colossal translator error. You cannot save a file or export it as IGES, for example.

2- Picking stuff.... It s a mess! Either you swapped left and middle mouse buttons, or add and toggle to selections are swapped.

Hard to justify!

By the way, Showcase 2013 cannot open any single file other than native showcase format.

Hope we are not getting a pattern here.

Anyway, i felt I should report what i have encountered in case nobody has noticed yet, so it can be fixed. Thank you.

I wanted to beta test this software at due course, but it was a mess to be enrolled in the program, so unfortunately i did not join and i did qualify for it.

Best regards! 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JohnDixon8251
in reply to: ravenzep

I am not having any issues exporting iges.

Message 3 of 9
ravenzep
in reply to: JohnDixon8251

Weird.... Here is a no go!

Check your selection options.... Is it working as it should?...Here i have left and middle mouse buttons switched.

Thankx for feedback:) 

Message 4 of 9
JohnDixon8251

I don't use the different buttons, only the left, but it works normally. It will pick and unpick. The middle button only picks and the right button only unpicks.

Message 5 of 9
ravenzep

The normal way, left button picks, right unpicks, and middle toggles! 🙂

Anyway, each person has his own taste, of course. 

Thanks for your time and input:) 

Message 6 of 9
JohnDixon8251

Strange, I have always used only the left button to pick/unpick.

There is a option window under "Preferences" called "Selection Options" where you can set the buttons how you like them.

Message 7 of 9
ravenzep
in reply to: JohnDixon8251

Did you read the very first post?.LOL 😉

Message 8 of 9
JohnDixon8251

Not sure what you are refering to, I must be missing something.

Message 9 of 9
donest

Picking and unpicking works fine for me. Iges export works fine too. Just letting you know, so you don't think there's a bug. Rapidly picking and unpicking using a pick box (marquee) sometimes doesn't work well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums