Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias designer salary :)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3045 Views, 4 Replies

Alias designer salary :)

hi guys, Im about to finish my master degree in Europe. Apart of finding a automotive designer job I was thinking to try find studiotools designer offers. So honest question- how the salary level looks like more-less? I think more about europiean rate 🙂
thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
anand_joshi
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

This is highly tricky question. It depends upon where you will be employed ... automaker or OEM supplier for surfacing. It also depends upon whether you will be doing concept modeling (maybe sketch to surface) or class-A modeling. Also upon your expertise in alias. Lot of factors will decide the salary. I feel no general rule here ...

Any expert folks out here what to share something more ?
Regards

Anand
Message 3 of 5
hansgeerdink

Hi wojtul1898,

Sorry I do not want to offend anyone, but are you kidding?
Man, if I could start somewhere as an Alias modeler, earning just enough to keep my head up I would take it right away!!! specially if I had just finished school!!!! you have your (professional) life ahead of you and really you have to start somewhere.... or watch out you might end up somewhere completely different.

Whishing all the best though!
Cheers! Hans
Message 4 of 5
tekbot

times are tough and very different then when i left school. I got as many offers as the top sketching guy in our school just because of my Alias and sketching skills. when there is no boundary between 2D and 3D, your value goes way up. I know most of friends that went the Alias Designer route started well over 50k usd. its a very full filling and interesting job. California in particular has lots of opportunity in automotive and products.

here is a link to salary ranges for CAD in Industrial design.
http://www.coroflot.com/community/detailed_results.asp
Message 5 of 5
s.rajneesh

Hi there wojtul!

I am sorry for taking the liberty to ask you to help me out when your are trying to clarify a doubt yourself but I thought you really could help me as I wanted to know about masters in this field and you seems to have acquired it.
I have for long, been passionate about automobile designing, CARS to be more specific. I have a background in arts and 3D modeling for movies with MAYA. Kindly give me as much info as possible. I am a BFA graduate with concentration in a subject that is totally unconnected to this. So, I want to particularly know of colleges which offer Masters in the field of Automobile designing to a student with a back ground such as mine. Where in Europe did you pursue? I'll be very thankful to you if you can give me additional info about the college you studied in.
Regards
Rajneesh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report