Community
Alias Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Alias Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Alias topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alias Program Packages and Updates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bkircher
410 Views, 3 Replies

Alias Program Packages and Updates

I am in the process of preparing updating our Alias products (e.g. providing them on an accessible network storage, etc.). Please find attached some observations:

• Providing 2GByte chunks of software for every package (Surface, Design) feels strange and a huge step backwards for deploying the software easily if you have a mixed environment. A common installer package as before would be greatly appreciated and reduce wasted time copying, extracting, etc.
  • Providing updates without a Readme is not helpful. (What is the "Hotfix4-2" about? Do we have to deploy it? ...)
  • Not this big an issue, but nonetheless: During installation, I've received feedback that the "configure"-button is not prominent enough. (Miss this and you install a standalone Version.)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
anand_joshi
in reply to: bkircher

On a single system, if you are trying to install 2 flavours of alias, only additional or different components gets installed.

Core alias files remains untouched and not additionally installed.

Regards

Anand
Message 3 of 4
bkircher
in reply to: anand_joshi

I know, my arguments where of a different kind:

- Having different (yet basically identical) packages is much more hassle to deploy, especially to a bunch of people. (Also, e.g. the update logic is less clear, do I have to install the "4-2" update for every package or only once ...)

- Any download/upgrade should have an associated "Readme" or "What's New".

Message 4 of 4
digiformer
in reply to: bkircher

i agree...can anyone say what the hotfix4-2 is all about?

Regards

Tobias

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report