Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolled Plate

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
bjur
4351 Views, 1 Reply

Rolled Plate

How do you create a rolled plate where the whole plate is curved?  I need to create a pipe out of two rolled plates.  I know there is a command called "Folded Beam" but I can't seam to get Advance Steel to show the unfolded shape.  Is this possible?  How would I show / detail the unfolded shape of a rolled plate like this where the whole plate is curved?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
DumitruBerteanu
in reply to: bjur

To create the required rolled section you can use the folded beam object, or a twisted folded plate (beeing a folded plate this object will not be 100% curved, as it will be generated by a series of small streight sheets of plates). The unfold for those objects can be then generated with a Development drawing style, avaliable in "Drawing Style Manager", under the Single Part drawing style category. This style will present an unfolded view of the object (which can be a folded beam, a folded plate or an unwindable streight beam), and a side view of the unfolded shape. In model the unfolded representation can only be shown for folded plates with the command "Check unfolding". 

Dumitru Berteanu
Product Owner

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report