Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advance steel revision table settings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
feher.zsolt.arch
1743 Views, 4 Replies

advance steel revision table settings

Hi All!

Is there any possibility to change the revision table settings? For example: the exact width of the columns, add blank columns to the table?

I have another question about the revision clouds: it is possible to show  rev clouds in gerenal arrangement drawings or just in singlepart and is assembly drawings?

Thanks for replies

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nmichel
in reply to: feher.zsolt.arch

Hi,

The best way to use a Revision Table in my opinion is to add it to the Prototype (Title Block) before Drawings are created. In this way it will be automatically populated when a revision is created, provided you use the relevant Prototype.

In this way you can adjust you column widths using the Snap Grips in the Prototypes as seen below and the changes made revision table "template" will be used  for all drawings that have been generated with this Prototype.

1.jpg

Make sure if you add a Revision Table to a Prototype tyhat you check the "Delete during Prototype Change" option in the Prototype Properties Dialogue. This will ensure that if you switch the Prototype out from the document manager the original Revision Table is removed as it should not be part of the HYPERSTEELPAGEHEADER block.

2.jpg

With regards to creating a blank revision colum. I could be wrong but I do not think it is possible to add blank columns. What you could do is create a blank column manually as part of the Prototype and size the revision table to fit on the side of it. If you want the blank column in the middel of other columns, create 2 revision tables on either side of the blank column including only the headings that you need on each side.

I hope this works for you. If not let me know where it falls short and I will see if I can assist further.

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 5
nmichel
in reply to: nmichel

To answer your question about Revision Clouds on GA Drawings. This is possible as seen below.

3.jpg

Keep in mind that you can also manually add revision clouds by going to the Advance Properties menu for a componentn in the drawing and clicking on the "Revision" tab and adding a Revision cloud to that component as seen below.

4.jpg

This can be a limited function but works well for simple and quick additions of Revision Clouds.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 5
feher.zsolt.arch
in reply to: nmichel

Thanks for replay! Since I wrote the questions, I've  made the same things that you add.

Thaks again!

Message 5 of 5
nmichel
in reply to: feher.zsolt.arch

No problem. Let me know if you have any further problems with this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report