Advance Steel Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Advance Steel Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Advance Steel topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precast modeling in Autodesk advance concrete

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
duchoabn
866 Views, 4 Replies

Precast modeling in Autodesk advance concrete

Dear all

I want modeling Precast project in autodesk advance concrete?

Please help me for this problem?

Thanks all

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TomasHuml6313
in reply to: duchoabn

Hello,

for precast modelling you can use functions attach/detach ACIS solids to structural member. For example if you want to create column with console, then you create column, then you create ACIS solid for console, place solid to correct position on column and then use attach ACIS function (grtcbindacistostructural). You can attach as many ACIS as you need. If you want to modify console, use function detach ACIS (grtcunbindacisfromstructural), then modify ACIS and finally attach again ACIS to structural member.

Complex precast structures you can create directly from ACIS solid and then use function to convers ACIS to structural (grtcconverttostructural).

Video for modelling Precast structures (Czech language Smiley Happy): http://youtu.be/62NWZxozoIw?list=PLRD0EibI8-yUjjttT2OtWAv95nGULMvK1

Regards Tomas

Message 3 of 5
elbeiser
in reply to: TomasHuml6313

Is there any possibility of adding insulation and marble external finish to precast panels? Does clash control warn about embedments and rebar?
Message 4 of 5
krowllc
in reply to: TomasHuml6313

Howdy Tomas

I have a similar question to the post about using Acad solids as structural shapes in Advance Concrete. My thought is to create a Acad solid from a polyline using extrude command, then change the acad solid to a structural solid so that the automatic rebar tools will work in advance Concrete. 

Right now I am just considering simple wall that is similar to a square, but with a "chamfer" on one corner, so the wall has 5 sides instead of 4. However I can not find any command that will change the acad solid to a Advance Concrete Structural solid, such as a wall. Alternatively I could change the polyline into a AC structural member directly, such as a wall, if there is a command for that.

If there is a better way to accomplish this I am all ears.

Many Thanks

Chris

Message 5 of 5
elbeiser
in reply to: krowllc

After six years (6) fighting against my software supplier since 1990 I bought a very expensive and effective software called TEKLA. Years waisted with Revit structure, then investing in ASD to know that we can buy the concurrence's steel option (Advance Steel) and in situ concrete, but not precast??? Enough is enough. And I am still using my beloved AutoCad. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report