ASE, SQL, OLE, ADE

Reply
*Stupka, Ken
Message 1 of 4 (57 Views)

Getting Rid of ADO

57 Views, 3 Replies
01-12-2000 09:07 AM
Because of incompatibilities with some of my D4 apps and conflicts with
other applications, I need to either get rid of ADO that was installed
with Office 2000 and need to restore the drivers that were compatible
with Access97 or figure out a way that they can coexist on the same
computer. One suggestion was to erase all the ODBC files in the
Windows/System directory but that doesn't seem to do it. Any
suggestions?
TIA,
KCS
*Fleming, Jon
Message 2 of 4 (58 Views)

Re: Getting Rid of ADO

01-12-2000 02:37 PM in reply to: *Stupka, Ken
Wow. As with much of Microsoft's stuff, the data access things get their
fingers into a lot of your system's pies. I think it's _really_
difficult to step back.

If you detail your problems, we might be able to help; my experience has
been that Microsoft is doing pretty well with backward compatibility in
this area.

jrf
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

In article <387CB4CB.665BE8B1@swbell.net>, Ken Stupka wrote:
> Because of incompatibilities with some of my D4 apps and conflicts with
> other applications, I need to either get rid of ADO that was installed
> with Office 2000 and need to restore the drivers that were compatible
> with Access97 or figure out a way that they can coexist on the same
> computer. One suggestion was to erase all the ODBC files in the
> Windows/System directory but that doesn't seem to do it. Any
> suggestions?
> TIA,
> KCS
>
*Poon, Dennis
Message 3 of 4 (57 Views)

Re:

03-22-2000 07:43 AM in reply to: *Stupka, Ken
I am using Borland Delphi 5 and I wish to display an AUTOCAD drawing file in
my application. Is there any existing VCL to do that or should I use ole
automation. In that case, what object should I use?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Dennis

Jon Fleming wrote in message
news:VA.00000b95.04ef421a@fleming-group.com...
> Wow. As with much of Microsoft's stuff, the data access things get their
> fingers into a lot of your system's pies. I think it's _really_
> difficult to step back.
>
> If you detail your problems, we might be able to help; my experience has
> been that Microsoft is doing pretty well with backward compatibility in
> this area.
>
> jrf
> Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
>
> In article <387CB4CB.665BE8B1@swbell.net>, Ken Stupka wrote:
> > Because of incompatibilities with some of my D4 apps and conflicts with
> > other applications, I need to either get rid of ADO that was installed
> > with Office 2000 and need to restore the drivers that were compatible
> > with Access97 or figure out a way that they can coexist on the same
> > computer. One suggestion was to erase all the ODBC files in the
> > Windows/System directory but that doesn't seem to do it. Any
> > suggestions?
> > TIA,
> > KCS
> >
>
>
*Fleming, Jon
Message 4 of 4 (57 Views)

Re:

03-23-2000 03:35 AM in reply to: *Stupka, Ken
Darned if I know. I doubt that much of anything exists; the Autodesk file
format is proprietary. There is one organization that has reverse-engieered
it to some extent.

Ask in the autocad.customization newsgroup.

jrf
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

In article <8bapno$e0i19@adesknews2.autodesk.com>, Dennis Poon wrote:
> I am using Borland Delphi 5 and I wish to display an AUTOCAD drawing file in
> my application. Is there any existing VCL to do that or should I use ole
> automation. In that case, what object should I use?
> Thanks a lot in advance.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community