AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Many threads missing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
ReignOfError
668 Views, 9 Replies

Many threads missing

Since the reorganization of the AREA forums, I've noticed that a number of threads (both my own and those started by other users) appear to have disappeared (they're not present in search results - both on the forum and on google - and most of my posts aren't listed on my account page). A few of my very recent posts (within the last month or so) are still present.

I've googled around a bit but didn't find any mention of this issue. Is the migration of posts post-reorg ongoing or are older threads simply gone?

As an example, here's google's cached version of a thread I started just over a year ago:

UV editor: snap to grid not working

Here's a post by another user from slightly less than a year ago that's also disappeared:

Beginner Having Trouble with UV Editor Snap to Grid

EDIT: On a side note, the forum also seems to think I'm a new member, even though I logged on to post this message with my usual user ID and password.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
zoubein
in reply to: ReignOfError

Man they have totally ruined the area, Its all a big pile of mess. Its a shame, there are some real talented and helpful people here. Thats it for me.

Message 3 of 10
nicolasleduc

Hi we rea still looking into the missing threads, but your post history should now be attached to your profile

Message 4 of 10
ReignOfError
in reply to: nicolasleduc

Thanks for your response; my account's post history has indeed been updated, but it only includes one relatively recent pre-migration thread.

If it's possible to restore all the older threads that haven't been migrated that would be excellent. A lot of useful content was present in those threads and it would be quite unfortunate to lose it all.

Message 5 of 10
nicolasleduc

Still looking into this, we will get back to you when I have more info

Message 6 of 10
nicolasleduc

The threads you mention in your post are there now. The forum team tells me that it took many days for the forum indexing to index everything we imported. Let me know if you still find missing threadsrrrrrrrr

Message 7 of 10
ReignOfError

Thanks for following up on this; I appreciate it! Unfortunately, there are still missing threads.

For example, a thread I started entitled "Ambient occlusion map texture consists of 2-by-2 pixel blocks" isn't listed under my profile and doesn't show up in a search of the forum (Google doesn't seem to have cached it, although it was originally located at http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3ds-max/autodesk-3ds-max--3ds-max-design-2012/ambient-occlus... There are other threads I participated in that are also missing (there was one discussing UV unwrapping of a "hard surface" - i.e., inorganic - model, but I forget the exact title).

Are the contents of the old forum still being indexed? Although the threads I mentioned above aren't particularly important (although the UV mapping thread contained a post by another forum user with a useful demonstration video they made specifically for the thread), I suspect there are still many other threads with useful content that remained unmigrated.

Thanks again for looking into this issue.

Message 8 of 10
nicolasleduc

The threads you outlined are there now, they also appear in your profile. Let me know if you still see missing threads. There is still some indexing going on, that's the reason

Message 9 of 10
ekahennequet

ReignOfTerror, make sure to click "View All" to access all of your post history. They're all there now.

Message 10 of 10
ReignOfError
in reply to: ekahennequet

Thanks; I appreciate your assistance!

(However, I should note that my username is ReignOfError, not Terror. I'm no Robespierre!)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report