AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any news about NNTP access?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
179 Views, 6 Replies

Any news about NNTP access?

Please!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
miketruly
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree. I would desperately like to use NNTP rather than the web forum.

But while were on the subject of the web forum... when will the themes be made consistent such that the wide format is available in the Medium and Dark themes?

Thanks!
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
--------------------------------------------
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

How about this now?
Message 4 of 7
hendris

Hi guys. sorry I didn't respond to this earlier but I have been on paternity leave for a couple months. I sorry to say we have been delayed on the NNTP issue buy autodesk acquisitions and resturctures. Things like the mudbox acquisition as well as work we are currently doing for the the VFX/composition side of M&E have been taking up a lot of our time. I hope to get back at it in a few weeks once our latest database conversion is sorted out. Man, I am growing to hate Databases. Nothing ever seems to be as easy as it initially appears.

Once again I'm sorry for delay. I find it frustrating myself and I'm working to get it back on the top of our list as we speak.

Shawn
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

As I don't access the web boards, are there any news about NNTP?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

hhmm isn't that the stuff that was at the core of Usenet ?
It's kind of deprecated now because of security weaknesses.
I think it's supposed to be NNRP now running with "INN servers"...

I remember learning my first 3d tuts by reading newsgroups through Outlook Express ahah , but that's really part of the past now.
Nobody uses these things : people write blogs, read RSS feed, and sort their mailing list emails on IMAP folders : that's the new stuff used these days.

Or look at the bottom of this page : there's even "Atom Feed" 🙂
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

well that can't be the truth..

http://area.autodesk.com/forum/autodesk-3d-general/area-website-support-forum/latest-version-of-area...

I'm still waiting for NNTP until I will continue using it. I simply do not have time for always waiting until the web screen refreshes. Usually each mouse click takes 3-5 seconds. Each search takes 10-20 seconds at least. wow - how useless.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report