AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account troubles, admin help needed.

33 REPLIES 33
Message 1 of 34
Midge_S
651 Views, 33 Replies

Account troubles, admin help needed.

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble logging in on my usual account...
When I try the lost password link I don't receive an email either (yes, I checked my spam 😉 )

Anyone here have the power to help me get on my old account?
PM me on this one, I'd like to get it sorted out.

Thanks in advance,

M.
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Midge_S

The lack of password reminder email is a known issue which is (hopefully) being looked into.

Can't help directly (moderators don't have that kind of access to accounts), but if you don't get a reply/pm in the next day or so, I'll bring this to the attention of those can.

Please post back if you get it sorted before I do that.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 34
Midge_S

Thanks for the swift reply Steve.

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know in case I do (or don't) receive word soon. 🙂

M.
Message 4 of 34
Midge_S

Quick update...

I said I'd keep you posted, haven't heard anything yet. 🙂
Message 5 of 34
Steve_Curley

Ok, I'll fire up my trusty poking stick and put it to good use 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 6 of 34
Midge_S

Sounds good! 🙂

Thanks
Message 7 of 34
Midge_S

Hey Steve,

It seems the poking stick can use some sharpening, hehe.
Haven't heard anything from tech support yet, I'm afraid.

I understand this isn't a very high priority problem, so I don't mind waiting a bit longer.
I was just wondering if there was any news regarding my query?

Cheers,

M.
Message 8 of 34
Steve_Curley

'Fraid not. I sent an email which hasn't, as yet, been acknowledged. I do know that the person reponsible for such matters is rather busy at present - he has responsibilites other than the forums.

Give it a few days (I sent the email on Saturday) - I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 9 of 34
Midge_S

No worries,

I'm sure it'll get resolved soon enough. 🙂
Thanks for the heads up!

M.
Message 10 of 34
Midge_S

Still no word, I'm afraid! 🙂

M.
Message 11 of 34
Steve_Curley

Ditto 😞

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 12 of 34
Steve_Curley

I've been informed that the matter is being looked into (the lack of reminder emails, that is). That's about it, I'm afraid.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 13 of 34
pprtestimonials

Can the admin provide a range of time when this problem going to be resolved? (Just in case -- for future reference)
Message 14 of 34
Midge_S

Well, I haven't received any emails or PM's regarding this yet so for now I'll just stick to this account I guess. 🙂

No hard feelings though, I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into keeping the area running.

M.
Message 15 of 34
Steve_Curley

I passed the info along, as I said earlier. There's nothing I can do beyond that (I'm only a mere Moderator, not an Admin).

I believe there are some changes in the pipeline, but I've no idea if/when they will get implememnted. I'm not holding my breath...

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 16 of 34
nicolasleduc

Hello, I know this is a very late reply, but here is where we're at regarding this issue. We did fix email replies for this. Some emails get caught in junk email folders, but other than that you should receive password reset emails. We have certainly seen a drop in issues regarding that.
Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

I'm having a similar problem. I can login on the Autodesk Area page (thankfully so I can at least call out for "help"), but not on other Autodesk sites like 123D using the same ID and password. And if I try to "create new account" on those other sites, it gives me an error: "E-mail is already registered. Please choose another e-mail or sign in with this one. No options for linking accounts that I can see. Also, if I click on "Forgot my password" and put in my e-mail address, I receive no e-mail with instructions for resetting my password. Please help!

It's hard to believe that Autodesk doesn't have a way to contact someone for site support about issues like this, other than forums which require a login. And even then, we have to wait weeks or months for a response?
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: nicolasleduc

This was posted today?!? I'm having the password reset issue on the Autodesk 123D Catch site. No idea how to go about contacting someone to help resolve the issue. And no, the password reset e-mail has NOT gone to any SPAM folder. I have no such folder. All my e-mail is personally checked by myself.
Message 19 of 34
Steve_Curley
in reply to: nicolasleduc

Yes it was posted today, however, this forum is for issues with this specific site - the Area. Whether the Admin(s) can deal with accounts on other Autodesk sites I don't know.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)

Message 20 of 34
Midge_S

I made a new account after a while, seeing as this never really got sorted and it wasn't really that big of a deal.

A new problem has cropped up after the new "unified" login system was introduced. I recently tried to change some of the details on my profile, but on clicking save it told me the user name is already in use... Sure enough I used the same display name as the old account, but somehow I can't anymore.

It would be nice if there was a possibility of merging my old account with this one. 🙂

M.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report