AREA Website Support Forum
This section is for questions on the use of the AREA website or reporting website issues. This area is not for Autodesk software support issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account NOT staying logged in? have to re-enter username and pw EVERY log-in?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
timd1971
463 Views, 3 Replies

Account NOT staying logged in? have to re-enter username and pw EVERY log-in?

Probably something on my end with the browser? using Windows 8 Pro with Internet Explorer 10.

Seems even after a few hours and always daily, have to relog in manually even after CHECKING "REMAIN LOGGED IN"?? I don't clean out the cookies manually..b.ut I think Norton may every so often...but not daily or hourly...more likely monthly maybe?

thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: timd1971

Hmmm...

I login once per day. Provided I don't close the browser I stay logged in even if I don't touch the site for several hours. It does rememeber the login though, all I have to do is click the Login link once and I'm in.
Cookies - IIRC. You need to allow area.autodesk.com and accounts.autodesk.com - and not have them automatically deleted when the browser closes. Don't ask me how to do that in IE - I never touch the &^%$ thing.

You do realise that Norton is the biggest resource hog since, well, Windows itself? Unless you're up against an IT dept, get rid of it - causes more problems than it (allegedly) solves.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
timd1971
in reply to: Steve_Curley

thanks Steve... actually Norton has gotten pretty good at NOT being a such a resource hog... I used it many years ago, and felt it was such a hog, so dumped it tried other AVs and came back to Norton... I dunnio just prefer it and feel it is much better then the rest and the best...but that's my opinion and it works for me.

yes, I close my browser(s) a lot etc especialy at end of day....I shut everything down.. I'll have to research more..it's probably a IE10 and/or Norton cookies cleanup thing. thanks.
Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Steve_Curley

If it works for you then fine - I'll not argue about that 😉

I don't (keep closing the browser). Login, stay in, close browser. Next day - same routine. 1-click login isn't too painful if you can get it to work.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report