Community
3ds Max Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIEW PORT

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
M.Yasir69
193 Views, 1 Reply

VIEW PORT

HI ! Dear friends sometime i am facing this problem when i import cad file to 3d max this happen i can't see correctly object while moving this object shows in broken mesh please check the attached file but after this difficulty  i attched to picture one in viewport and one after rendering please tell me this problem any soliton thanx in advance 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: M.Yasir69

It could be any number of things but a few to check are, flipped normals and bad smoothing groups. Also, CAD files are bad for having a ton of coincident vertices. Go to 'subobject vertices' and select them all. So a 'Weld' with a small number like 0.001 or something. See if your number of vertices reduces significantly. That might help. Otherwise, upload the file and I or someone can look at it and help you better. It's hard to tell from your capture images. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report