Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock viewport on moving object toggle

Lock viewport on moving object toggle

When working on an animated object that is moving quickly, it is very frustrating to have to keep updating the viewport position to track the object.

I end up having to create cameras linked to the object so that I can monitor what is happening to it.  For instance imagine a character rig in a car... and i need to animate the fingers...

I have to create a camera and link it to the car and always use that camera to adjust it.

It's not that difficult -- but it would be much easier if the viewport could lock onto the object.  Whether it be perspective view or top view, the viewport could have a toggle where it keeps the object in the same relative position within the frame.

Would be very useful.

6 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, note the lock should be able to lock onto just an object's position (like a position constraint) or position with rotation (like a traditional link).  The reason for the former obviously, is that rotational motion can be isolated

Anonymous
Not applicable

http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/view-follow

Sometimes a bit jaggy movement but, i think it's good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Yusuf. I'll check it out.

michael_spaw
Autodesk

Thanks

-Michael

Kelly_Michels
Autodesk
Status changed to: Future Consideration

brentscannell
Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @Anonymous

I'm going to archive this due to lack of support and a potential alternative as suggested by @Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report