Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quad context menu

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
204 Views, 3 Replies

quad context menu

Hello
I know how to do menus un quad menu, but what I don't understand is how or can we create our own "context menu" ? Is there a parameter somewhere to tell menu an object is selected ? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Open up the customise dialog, select the upper (or lower) left quad, in the list expand one of the entries, highlight one of the sub-entries > right-click > Edit Macroscript.

That should show you how the quad menu item is enabled/disabled and whether a suitable object is selected. Check a few of them as many have different criteria.

Note. Don't edit that file without making certain you have a backup first! If in doubt, cancel any changes when you close the editor.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

hello steve, thanks for answer, in fact when an object is selected that match a tool, menu that contain the tool is activated, right ? Make sense. Thanks. 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Basically yes, but that is determined by what is in the code in the .mcr, so you would have to work out exactly what conditions must exist for the menu item to be available and code for those conditions.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report