Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX2014 Error While Registering Plugins

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
miketruly
11890 Views, 11 Replies

MAX2014 Error While Registering Plugins

Win7 MAX2014

I am getting the attached error when starting MAX2014. After I dismiss this error dialog, MAX starts fine and runs fine.  But this error keeps MAX from starting until I click OK to dismiss the dialog.

Any idea what triggers this error?

I have tried doing a Repair on the MAX2014 install but the error persists.

I have tried turning off Windows Firewall but the error persists.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Mike Truly
--------------------------------------------
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
miketruly
in reply to: miketruly

When I try to load a MAX2014 project I have been working on, it throws the attached error.

The error that is getting thrown when I try to open my project file refers to AnchorHelperObject.

As I fish down through the MAX2014 menus, I see that an Anchor helper is down in VRML helpers. My scene in no way uses VRML helpers, yet MAX is throwing this error.

If I add an anchor helper to an empty MAX scene and save it... I can reload it without error. The anchor helper appears to be working fine.

I can merge my project scene that throws the error into a blank scene, save it, and then reopen the file and no error is thrown.

So there is a workaround for this error... but not for the error thrown when MAX starts. It appears that the starting error is related to not being able to register this VRML anchor plugin?

I tried searching this new wonderful forum, but the search doesn't work... thanks AD!

Sincerely,

Mike Truly
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com
Message 3 of 12
danderson

Check this link out someone found a solution to a anchor helper object http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-3ds-Max-3ds-Max-Design/Missing-DLL-fileName-Built-in-Class-An...

3ds Dos 3 -3DS MAX 2015
I7-4820K
GTX 770 4 mb
16 Mb Ram
512 Gb SSD, 1.5 Tb Raid 0
Message 4 of 12
PROH

Have you tried making a new "Blank" Maxstart file?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 5 of 12
miketruly
in reply to: PROH

Sorry it's taken awhile to get back to this... been travelling.

Thanks for the ideas!  I tried that switching render engine suggestion but it didn't work.  Also make a new maxstart file didn't work either.

I can get rid of the anchor helper error by merging the problem file into a new file.  But the startup error still persists.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Mike Truly
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com
Message 6 of 12
Steve_Curley

Remove your existing Maxstart before starting Max - don't forget it gets loaded automatically, so a bad one will cause a bad new one (if you see what I mean).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 7 of 12
miketruly
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thanks for the ideas Steve. I renamed my old maxstart file prior to opening MAX and creating a new one.

This problem is related to State Sets and I am working with the State Sets folks to try and solve it... no solution yet.

Thanks again.
Sincerely,

Mike Truly
Truly Media
www.trulymedia.com
Message 8 of 12
Steve_Curley

Fair enough - never hurts to mention the simple things 😉

Good that you've got it by the tail - let us know the results if you wouldn't mind.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 9 of 12
JanineTijou1290

I've just started getting the AnchorHelperObject error on startup in 3dsmax 2012, having opened a file that was back saved from 2014. Now most of the 2012 files have the error and I cant net render!

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

i do now know the solution "error while registering plugins" i tried repair and uninstall the 3dmax but the problem still exist

can someone tell me how to do?

Message 11 of 12
19283746q

попробуй удалить файл 3dsmax.ini, находящийся в папке:
C:/Users/ИМЯ ПОЛЬЗОВАТЕЛЯ/AppData/Local/Autodesk/3dsmax/ВАША ВЕРСИЯ 3DS MAX/enu

try to delete the file 3dsmax.ini, located in the folder:
C: / Users / USERNAME / AppData / Local / Autodesk / 3dsmax / Your version of 3DS MAX / enu

it helped me ...

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Thank Steve.. my 3ds max 2014 state sets window appeared white and blank. Then i closed my 3ds max and opened folder following this path "C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax" and just deleted the folder named "2014 - 64bit". And then again i opened my 3ds max 2014, the problem was solved.

But yes ! i had to set my hotkeys and some toolbars into the viewport again. But not a big issue...

Thank u.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report