Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2018 update 3 crash when trying to any object from another file.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
StrobFX
646 Views, 4 Replies

Max 2018 update 3 crash when trying to any object from another file.

I have a scene with a character rigged with CAT that I created in max 2017. I can open it in max 2018 but when I try to merge it in another scene or even in a blank scnee max crashes!

Please help it is a critical bug that prevent me to do my work. I really need to merge those scene together.

thanks!

StrobFX
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
StrobFX
in reply to: StrobFX

I just went back to max 2017 and tried to merge another scene with the same cat rig and it also crashes in max 2017.

StrobFX
Message 3 of 5
StrobFX

I just discovered that when I go back a few version earlier I can merge those scene entirely. So I have to find out what was introduced at some point in my scene to cause the crash.

StrobFX
Message 4 of 5
StrobFX

Ok I found the cause of all this: it was due to a plugin called Lucid by Ephere. When a scene contains an object with a lucid modifier with a record path set to an inexisting file (like when it's not recorded yet) and you try to merge that scene, max will crash or sometimes gives an assert failed message.

I forwarded the bug to Ephere.

StrobFX
Message 5 of 5
StrobFX

Weird I can't edit my title to add the word MERGE that I forgot! "Max 2018 update 3 crash when trying to MERGE any object from another file."

StrobFX

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report