Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JT files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nstalker
527 Views, 1 Reply

JT files

OK so from what I'm seeing on these forums you can't do much with JT files in 3ds max except look at them.  Is there any way to work with them?  Could I open them in Inventor and convert them to a better format?  What format should I use?

Ultimately I want to use MassFX Tools with JT data.  I've got Solidworks, ACAD, Inventor and NX.  I figure I should be able to make something out of these JT files.

I could get the native data in NX instead of JT files and export to STEP or parasolid.

Any suggestions?

#3DSMaxNoob

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Without looking at or attempting this process here in our office here is what I can tell you:

1. Inventor JT translator only supports importing BREP fromat (JTBrep or XTBrep).If the JT file only contains FACETS, the imported model in Inventor will be empty.The JT translator is included starting from Inventor 2010JT Translator export optionsfacets onlyJTBrep onlyXTBrep onlyJTBrep + facetsXTBrep + facets
2. Once imported into Inventor I would export it as a step file for use in 3ds Max.  I believe that would be the most stable file format for you to use.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report