Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

convert 3dsmax2013 to 3dsmax2009

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
413 Views, 3 Replies

convert 3dsmax2013 to 3dsmax2009

currently am using 3dmax2013 sofware i want to open that file to 3dsmax2009 version.plz help me

thanx in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately that is impossible.  The ability to save down to a previous version was introduced in 2011 which saved down to 2010.  I don't believe 2010 could save as 2009.  

Your best bet would be to export an FBX which should include your cameras and lights in the format, but 2009 is old enough that it may have issues importing the FBX with the same features.  I only have the latest 4 versions installed for my tech support role, and I cannot test this on 2009.  Some experimentation may be in order.  If FBX fails you'll have to export your models out as obj or another format they both support and import them into 2009.  It's possible that some things such as particles, animation, etc. may not be able to be included.  

Is there something specific about 2009 that you need?  Perhaps I can help find a workaround in 2013. 

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

thnx
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I realize it's disappointing, and I'm totally willing to help if you have any other questions or there is anything I can do.  

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report