Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

backburner jpg memory error

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
adamk
951 Views, 7 Replies

backburner jpg memory error

I don't believe we had this probably before 2010, maybe we did.... I half suspect this is a windows network issue as well.

Backburner runs the job - saves the file, but then thinks it didn't save the file, and fails. And repeats this process 3 times until the job is skipped.

It says it a "backburner jpg memory error" in the error tab.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dbhinnant
in reply to: adamk

I am also having this issue. One of many since moving to 2012.
Message 3 of 8
jedchambers

Hey, did you guys ever get a solution to this?
Message 4 of 8
mekene

I am also constaltnly getting this error when sending jobs to backburner.
Any clues what is causing this and how to fix it ?

Thanks
Message 5 of 8
Doughboy12

I am (almost) sorry to "hijack" the tread but why in the world are you saving to JPG? you are loosing half of what you are rendering...you need to save to a loose-less format or you are just wasting render time.
3ds Max 2012 Certified Professional
Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 2.67 x2 36GB
3ds Max 9 - 2013

Ok. To clarify things : I AM RENDERING EXRs. And that's where the whole problem stands. I keep getting this JPEG Memory Error that causes the job to restart.
The rendering does finish, and the exr does get written properly to the disk. But backburner still thinks it failed because of that JPEG memory error and thus restarts the render.
Message 7 of 8
mekene

Here is the exact error I get :

ERR Error message: 3dsmax adapter error : Autodesk 3dsMaxDesign 15.5 reported error: JPEG - Memory Error
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mekene

RESOLVED MY ADAPTER ERRORS

i had alot of adapter errors in conjunction with 3dsmax 2013, the new BB and VRAY on our renderfarm, and got almost mad, not being able to render some shots. But i found out that you have to set a valid render file under Render Setup > Common > Render Output although you render with VRAY Framebuffer (in exr). You dont need to activate it but it should point to a accessible folder in network your renderfarm can read and write. You can use jpeg as file extension since it doesnt get saved anyways. in earlier version, BB didn´t care whether you set a file or not in the common "Save File".
I hope that helps you resolve or hunting down your error.

cheers Cruzifer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report