Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Application Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
4300 Views, 4 Replies

3ds Max Application Error

I keep getting this error whenever I open up 3ds Max. I have tried uninstalling / repairing / reinstalling about 5 times, everytime same error.

http://i.imgur.com/GM1TEKq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JvCMiWX.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Bump, does anybody have any solutions?

Message 3 of 5
Steve_Curley

No, because there's no information for us to go on.
The 1st image is a very general "there's a problem" error with no details.
The 2nd is NOT an error, it's the CER - Customer Error Report - you should provide what details you can and click Send to submit the report to Autodesk.

When uninstalling remember to remove all the folders in Users (Docs&Settings) which relate to your version of Max. Those files/folders are not removed (uninstall) or fully overwritten (reinstall) thus causing a reinstall to have little or no impact.

Note. The files mentioned in the second image will exist on your system and should contain sufficient data, however, they may also contain personal data from your system's memory - do NOT post them here in public.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You might try renaming the config file in your Studio max program folder. This will force the program to create a new one and mite fix your problem in the process. It is called 3dsmax.exe.config rename it 3dsmaxold.exe.config this will make the computer create new one and hopefully fix you problem in the process. the good thing about this renaming is not destructive and you can always change it back if needed. if this doesnt work your are looking at a fresh install.
Message 5 of 5
honza

Hi, I have same problem. Did you find any solution?

Thanks for reply.

Jan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report