Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAT can't use as XRef Object since max2013?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mantis3d
934 Views, 5 Replies

CAT can't use as XRef Object since max2013?

My workflow use CAT in XRef Object, but I found that CAT can't use as XRef Object ince max2013?

Like this:

1, make a CAT rig (dragon), save as DragonRig.max

Xref001.png

2, reference the DragonRig.max as a Xref Object scene

Xref002.png

Xref003.png

3, make some animation, save scene as DragonAnimation.max

Xref004.png

4, reopen the DragonAnimation.max , you will found out the CAT rig become a mess

Xref005.png

I tested in 3dsmax2011 2013 2015, only 2011 doesn't has this problem

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
curvinhuber
in reply to: mantis3d

I can confirm that I am having the same issue in 3ds max 2015 SP3.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I'm having the same problem. It's a really bad bug. I found that bipeds work with this method, but I haven't had a success using CATRIG with XREF.

Message 4 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you report it though the proper channel. Help > Speak Back > Report a problem, or http://www.autodesk.com/3dsmax-DefectSubmission

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 6
LenDoublet
in reply to: Steve_Curley

Have you checked that the system unit scales are consistent from the current scene you are using with the XREF file?
If the units are different then that would easily produce the geometry mesh you are seeing.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

This is very silly and is incredible that Autodesk havent gave any answer to this since the time of the post. Im using 3dsmax 2016, simply created a base human rig on cat, saved the file and imported it as an xref object inside a new file, then saved. Then I closed the file and reopen it (the one with the xref object already imported) and CRASH!, that easy is to replicate the problem that I can't believe Autodesk havent noticed it. I really expect to have support on this, Im not creating a new post because the problem is perfectly explained on it by Mantis3D. Thanks

Tags (4)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report