Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug with scaling limbs during animation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
429 Views, 3 Replies

Bug with scaling limbs during animation

Hello everyone. I've started working with CAT  for game animations recently and got some problem. maybe there's a wise person who experienced same bug.

I have 3ds max 2014 sp3

I'm creating CAT parent with for example base human and start moving palm setting up auto keys. After some moment scale of the palm and overall arm starts to change first by small amounts and then more noticable. After some time palm with fingers becomes totally screwed. I've tryed removing scale inheritance and locking scale tracks but it still happens. When "additive to setup" is off it shows no changes longer but then breaks too.

here's video record https://www.dropbox.com/s/w72rwhnde70i7th/CAt_bug_record.flv?dl=0

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

First thing is to apply the latest Service Pack (5) and retest, first in a new scene then, if that works, in your real scene.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Steve_Curley

yep. I've already updated. No changes.

Ofcourse there's always possibility that it's a bug with my current installation of 3ds max. Just checking if anyone had same experience and knows the reason.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Any one else knows what's the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report