Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-key doesn't work

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
3675 Views, 1 Reply

Auto-key doesn't work

Hello community. I am reading a lot here, and learn a lot with help of great intelligent people.

Anyway I bumped into wall with my task.

I am trying to move my model in direction AWAY from camera, so it will look like he is walking away from me. I used Syntheyes for matchmoving so I got those nice trackers as you can see on screen below I pasted.

Here is screen of what I am trying to acomplish:
http://i.imgur.com/RIlgB.png

My model consists of 2 .smd files. 1 for model and other .smd for animation. This model is walking.

PROBLEM:
When I try to autokey position of model(like he is moving away from camera), autokey doesn't work.

I put my model close to camera at frame 0, and far away(as arrow shows) on frame 29 for example.
But I only get my model moved on frame 29. From frames 0-28 the model stays on same position.

If I only import model without animation into 3dsMax I can get auto-key working, but model is not animated(not moving legs).

So It is something with inserted "skeleton"/"animation" that prevents auto-key to work.

Do you have any idea how do I get auto-key work while I already have animation in model(walking)? Is it locked for auto-key when I put animation into model or..?

I acomplished this with box model with no problem:
http://i.imgur.com/rtoKc.png
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I can from see the key animation on the timeline that Max changed the Time configuration from frames to one of the other (ticks maybe).

Set that back to frames (and choose PAL or NTSC).
It might work here already, but if not then choose ALL keyed animation (Maybe in the dope sheet) move it 1 frame forward, let go and move it back.

That allows keys to snap to an actual frame number. Drawback is it might change the animation slightly but hopefully that will work 🙂

Btw damn those pics are large haha

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report