Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow for a dwg or fbx importer?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
159 Views, 2 Replies

Workflow for a dwg or fbx importer?

Newbie here:

We are in need of a better solution to create realistic animations/renderings in a short period of time in retrospect. We have been trying to use a product called Revit/BIM to create renderings and walkthroughs, it just takes too much time 80hrs for 1200 frames, and is lacking in the professional realm.

My question is: Is there a tutorial that only deals with importing a FBX file into Max, assigning materials to odd things like cars, building facades, site stuff, than shows you how to create a walkthrough/animation with using a path either through a building or around a site? This is really all we are looking for, not hair & fur, eyes, bone movements, physics, creating liquid, produce snow falling, modifiers? Parametric deformers? Space warps?

I have tried some of the tutorials and I can’t seem to find out how to create a path with different elevations to create a fly by around a site. I would think there would be some sort of point command that would select a point A to B and connect with a spline or curve. Can I just move the camera around the site with Auto Key enabled and it will create a path from me moving the camera?

Is there a Blog that only deals with Architects using Max for renderings/animations/importing files/mapping materials/simple lights to use?

We are going to buy a $5,000 dollar software package and only use $2000 bucks worth of application commands. I can see only using 35% of this application.

Thanks,

Captain
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

Please don't create duplicate posts on the same subject - it fragments any replies you may receive and it breaks the forum rules.

You could have simply changed the topic on the other thread - "newbie" doesn't really give any clue to the nature of the question. That thread has been removed (rather than this one, which has a reasonable topic).

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report